Return On Innovation: the other ROI of Service-now.com
We regularly speak about the financial ROI of Service-now.com compared to legacy solutions. Another benefit that comes with a true SaaS model is the ability to deliver continuous and agile innovation.
I just took some time to review and analyze how much innovation Service-now.com brought to their customers since January 2009 (didn’t take into consideration the releases before that period, my post would had been too long!)
Over the last 18 months, Service-now.com has then delivered 5 Production Releases (and 13 intermediate releases), including more than 40 key features! Out of these 40 features, here is a summary of the amazing stuff provided:
- Graphical Workflow: a visual drag & drop workflow editor that allows you to automate the governance of your processes
- Global Search: a Google like full global text search in all modules and applications
- Mobile Browser: a full support of mobile browsers (iPhone, Blackberry, Android, Windows Mobile)
- Project Management: a complete project portfolio with a very impressive Gantt and Resource chart with the ability to drag & drop your tasks and resources, all this in a browser
- Content Management System: want to have the Employee Portal look like your website? Simply modify the look and feel as desired
- Metrics: ability to measure and report on activities that happened during its lifecycle
- KCS support: the Knowledge Base is now following the good practices recommended by KCS
- Maintenance Schedules: the ability to link maintenance calendars to your configuration items for a better change management
- Service Portfolio: a full management of your business services, and related offerings, commitments, including availability management
- Field Services: dispatching of your field technicians and selection of the required spare parts
- Cost Management: tracking and reporting of the IT-related costs, allocation to business units and departments
Quite impressive. But even more impressive is the cost for the customers to benefit from this innovation: not a cent – fully included in their subscription license.