3 steps to prepare your Service Catalog migration from CMS to Service Portal
We have collected 3 steps that will help you prepare your migration.
1. Check all scripts running on your CMS to have a good effort estimation
The impacted script types are:
- Catalog Client Script,
- Catalog UI Policies (with the Run Script field checked)
For a better analysis, don’t forget that these scripts can be applied on item or variable set.
Plus, you can find below the list of common methods that are no longer compatible (you can also check them here ) :
- getReference without callback
- Getmessage without message on “Message” Field
2. Adapt the scripts
a) It is possible to specify that a Catalog Client Script or a Catalog UI Policy are executed on the CMS or on the Service Portal
- This is the field “UI Type” at the Catalog Client Script form and the field “Run Script in UI Type” for Catalog UI Policies
- The value “Desktop” allows to execute the script only on the CMS side; the value “Service Portal/Mobile” allows to execute the script only on the Service Portal side; the value “All” specifies that the script will be compatible with both Service Portal and CMS.
b) Adapt the code to ensure the compatibility between CMS and Service Portal
c) UI Macros are no longer compatible, which means they have to be transformed in Widgets.
d) Respect best practices (no glideRecord, no XMLwait)
3. Some examples of script’s updates